Recruiting Pilots for Your Section 333 From RC Clubs

Don’t want to become a manned aircraft pilot? Call the RC clubs!

Many traditional radio-controlled aircraft hobby clubs sanctioned by the AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) have FAA licensed pilots who love flying remote controlled airplanes and drones. My own club has at least 2 or 3.

Any company can receive a Section 333 Grant of Exemption to fly drones commercially and legally as long as the person actually flying the drone has a pilot’s license. It is perfectly fine for a company to hire outside licensed pilots to fly their drones.

How the RC Clubs Can Get You a Pilot

Simply call or visit the AMA model clubs and ask if any of their members are licensed pilots who might be interested in being hired to fly drones for their company.

Here is a very easy way to find the contact information for all the clubs in your area: Just click and type in your zip code:

Scroll down to see a sample search result for the Los Angeles zip code.

If your company would like assistance filing its own Section 333 petition to fly UAS commercially, contact firm principal Jeffrey Antonelli at 312-201-8310 or fill out the contact form below and we will contact you. New 2016 pricing is just $1,500 for most 333s.

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)


    Your Message


    Sample search on AMA website for Los Angeles – over 40 RC clubs to recruit licensed pilots from within just 25 miles of zipcode 90012!

    LA BMP







    Copyright permission to display site search results obtained from Academy of Model Aeronautics


    Add a Comment